Cathedral Church Of The Redemption

Church Cathedral of the Payoff also known as Viceroy Church, is Amongst wonderful and spectacular Chapels in Indian, Church is situated eastern of Parliament House in New Delhi and Rashtrapati Bhavan which was used by then English Viceroy. The Church appears like the shape of a Wedding dessert with a candlestick placed on top. The Church originates its name from Palladio's Church of Il Redentore in Veniceas well as Lutyens St Jude's Church, Hampstead Lawn Suburban area. The Church Cathedral of the Payoff Indian is a part of the Delhi diocese of the Church of Northern Indian (CNI).

History

The Church Cathedral of the Payoff records its source to the early 1900CE. When Rev. T.R. Dixon was hired as the Chaplain to fulfill the religious needs of the English authorities in the Investment of Indian. The Church was developed in eight years and was finished in the year 1935. The Church Cathedral was started out to public praise on Weekend, 18 Jan 1931.

Architecture

Cathedral was developed by Gretchen Medd. Church was developed in such a way that even in the excessive summertime it continues to be awesome and relaxing. The Church has magnificently rounded high archways and sensitive domes, which won the heart of the then Viceroy Master Irwin, Master Irwin blessed an body and a gold Mix to the Church.

Categories:

History Inner Circle Outer Circle How to Reach Shopping in CP Entertainment in CP Markets in CP Hotels in CP Restaurants in CP Banks in CP Bars and Pubs in CP Airlines Offices in CP Education in CP Delhi Metro Network in CP Roads Connecting CP Book Stores in CP Attractions around CP Capitol Point Government Offices in CP Hospitals in CP Parking in CP Security in CP Visitors Information CP Today Delhi Blasts Redevelopment Plans Flag of India at Central Park, CP Articles
<